Our beloved Gabe Aul and team at Microsoft has been working in full-force this year. As stated previously by Gabe, they have moved to a rapid release schedule, starting from this year. Which means more frequent Windows 10 preview builds. Today, Gabe and team has released another Windows 10 Redstone preview build in Fast ring.
Windows 10 Preview Build 14251 doesn’t add any new, noticeable features but contains a number of bug fixes. It is also worth noting the huge leap in Windows 10 preview build version numbers. Previous preview build carried version number 11102 which has taken a jump to build 14251.
Aul explains the huge jump in build numbers saying with Windows 10, the separate teams working on Windows mobile and PC builds have became one Windows team and have brought Window mobile and PC codebases together. “Because the mobile codebase used higher build numbers than PC, we needed to jump ahead a bunch of build numbers to ensure updates to future builds will continue to work,” explains Aul.
Previous Windows 10 Redstone preview build 11102 was released last week which introduced a new history menu in Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 Preview Build 14251: What’s New?
- We fixed the issue where some PC games would crash switching from windowed mode to full screen, upon game resolution change, or upon launch due to a bug in Windows graphics stack. So play your games! If you run into any issues – please let us know by reporting in the Feedback app and include the game title.
- We fixed the issue where applications such as Narrator, Magnifier, and third-party assistive technologies may experience intermittent issues or crashes.
- We fixed an issue where File Explorer would crash frequently when DPI settings were at 175%.
Windows 10 Preview Build 14251: Known Issues
- You might see a WSClient.dll error dialog after logging in. We’re working on a fix for this but as a workaround, you can run the following in Command Prompt with administrative rights: schtasks /delete /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\WS\WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F
- The Connect button does not show up in Action Center. The workaround is to press Windows key + P and then click “Connect to a wireless display”.
- Due to a recent memory management change, you may see periodic app crashes or other memory related app errors. The workaround is to reboot your PC.
- F12 Developer Tools will not load in Microsoft Edge. Should be fixed in the next build.
As stated earlier, Insider team is moving to a faster build schedule with Fast ring. Preview builds in Fast ring will be released frequently and might contain more bugs. Due to this faster schedule, it might take more build until a known issue has been fixed. If you’re an Insider and are not comfortable with faster build releases, you should switch to Slow ring, which will contain less frequent but more stable build releases.
Along with today’s preview build, Microsoft has also released Windows 10 cumulative update 10586.71.
Are you Windows Insider member? Do share you Windows 10 preview build experiences with us.
Source: Windows Blog
Windows 10 red wallpaper: Imgur
Support Me: If this article/tutorial helped you today, please consider supporting me and help me run frunction.com