After dropping Windows 10 Insider preview build 14267 for PC yesterday, Microsoft has released the same for Windows 10 mobile as well. Windows 10 mobile preview build 14267 is the first Redstone build released for mobiles.
With Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14267, Microsoft has introduced new features and improvements to Cortana, Edge and Messaging + Skype. Build 14267 also fixes a number of bugs.
Preview build 14267 has been released from the Development Branch which means the build will be delivered first to devices that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile. Those devices include the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 550, Lumia 650 and Xiomi Mi4. The update will follow on other mobile devices soon.
An update should be delivered to eligible devices automatically, and it can be forced as well from Settings.
Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 14267: What’s New
Easy to search music in Cortana: Like yesterday’s Windows 10 preview build 14267 for PCs, Microsoft has introduced a Music Search icon in Cortana for mobiles as well. Just click the new music search icon on the top right of Cortana to have it listen and search for the song that’s playing.
Word Flow now works in the address bar in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has re-enabled the ability to use shape writing in the address bar in Microsoft Edge on your phone!
Open InPrivate tabs gets easier in Microsoft Edge: It’s now easier to open InPrivate tabs in Edge. The button to create a new InPrivate tab has been moved to appear right next to the new tab button.
Download Prompts improved in Microsoft Edge: When a download is started, Microsoft Edge will show a prompt, allowing you to cancel unwanted downloads.
Messaging + Skype improvements: Now photos can be attached to Skype messages by tapping on the paperclip icon at lower left while composing a new Skype message. You can also invoke the Camera app to take a photo and attach it to a Skype message or send along your location.
Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 14267: What’s fixed
- An issue where shape writing would ignore every second word when typing into a text box on a website in Microsoft Edge is now fixed
- After installing the Polish keyboard, typing a word that should be accented now offers the recommended accented word. For example – if you type the word “milosc” it should properly autocorrect to “miłość”.
- Resolved an issue where you could not hide the navigation bar in Windows Phone 8.1 apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, Weibo, Flixster and others.
- Fixed an issue where videos recorded onto SD memory cards would result in a large number of dropped frames.
- There should be improved app launch reliability and certain crashes that were causing the phone to reboot are also fixed.
- Polished the Live tile animations and improved the logic for refreshing Live tiles.
- Reliability improvements for keyboards with large dictionaries such as the Hinglish keyboard.
Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 14267: Known issues
There’s only one known issues with current preview build. Visual Voicemail notification and delivery is not working; causing devices to not receive any new visual voicemails.
As a workaround, voicemails can be manually checked by calling the voicemail to listen to any new messages. You can call your voicemail within the Phone app by clicking “…” > Settings > “Change more settings for Phone” > “Call voicemail”. This will also leave the Voicemail call in your history to make checking voicemail easier.
Are you an Insider? Did you receive this update? Share your experience with us.
Support Me: If this article/tutorial helped you today, please consider supporting me and help me run frunction.com