Microsoft has pushed a new preview build for Windows 10 mobile. Without a blog entry or announcement, Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10586.164 was pushed to Insider devices in Slow and Release Preview rings.
An update was later posted on Microsoft forum to list-out changes made in Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10586.164.
“We have started rolling out the March cumulative update (10.0.10586.164) for Windows 10 Mobile today. ” wrote Mike Mongeau on Microsoft forum announcing the availability of build 10586.164. “Update availability will start with open market variants and will increase to everyone over the next week as we monitor and ensure quality of the release.”
Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10586.164 Changelog
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
As usual, the latest preview build will be downloaded to eligible Windows 10 devices automatically. The update can also be forced via Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Previous Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10586.122 was released on March 2nd.
Are you an Insider? Do share your Windows 10 experiences with us.
Support Me: If this article/tutorial helped you today, please consider supporting me and help me run frunction.com