The detachable laptop features a durable MIL-STD-810G and IP65 design along with a magnesium alloy chassis. It can take the abuse of almost any job site. The clever built-in handle also functions as a kickstand, providing on-the-job flexibility. Toughbook 20 comes with an optional bridge battery which allows hot swapping of battery without disruption. The sunlight-viewable multi-touch display can be used with or without gloves.
Toughbook 20 is housed in a magnesium alloy chassis which can be locked and unlocked to secure data. The chassis also comes with port covers and a raised bezel so that you don’t have to worry about dust and water getting inside the hardware, or dropping it flat onto the screen. Toughbook starts with 128GB storage, which can be configured to include 512GB as required. You can also use add-ons like a true serial port, a magstripe reader, a 1D/2D capable barcode reader, dedicated GPS and 4G LTE. To make sure Toughbook doesn’t overheat during extensive tasks, or get too cold, Toughbook 20 comes with a Solid State Drive heater.
Toughbook 20 runs Windows 10 Pro but have an option to downgrade it to Windows 7 Professional.
Panasonic Toughbook 20 Technical Specifications
- Processor: Intel Core m5-6Y57 vPro 1.1GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz (4MB Cache)
- Memory and Storage: 8GB SDRAM (DDR3L – 1600MHz) | 128GB SSD with heater | Optional 256/512GB SSD with heaters | Optional OPAL encrypted SSD with heater
- Display: 10.1″ WUXGA 1920 x 1200 | 10-point capacitive gloved multi touch | 10-point capacitive gloved multi touch + digitizer | 2-800 nit | IPS display with direct bonding | Anti-reflective (AR) and anti-glare (AG) screen treatments | Intel HD Graphics 515 | Dual monitor support | Concealed mode (configurable)
- Operating System: Win 10 Pro (available Windows 7 Professional downgrade option)
- Dimensions and Weight: 10.7″ (L) x 9.2″ (W) x 1.3″ (H)10 | 3.9 lbs.11
- Designed for MIL-STD-810G (drop, shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature, temperature shock, humidity, explosive atmosphere)
- Designed for MIL-STD-461F
- IP65 sealed all-weather design
- Optional hazardous location class I division 2, groups ABCD certified model
- Solid state drive heater
- Magnesium alloy chassis encased with ABS and elastomer edges
- Built-in dual purpose handle & kickstand
- Removable battery
- Optional rotating hand strap
- Reinforced locking port covers
- Raised bezel for LCD impact protection
- Pre-installed replaceable screen film
- Password Security: Supervisor, User, Hard Disk Lock
- Kensington cable lock slots x2 (on tablet and keyboard dock)
- Trusted platform module (TPM) security chip v.1.2
- Absolute® Data & Device Security (DDS), formerly Absolute Computrace in BIOS
- Optional Fingerprint reader
- Optional Insertable SmartCard reader
- Optional Contactless SmartCard/NFC reader
- ISO 14443 A/B compliant
More details can be found here on Panasonic.
Support Me: If this article/tutorial helped you today, please consider supporting me and help me run frunction.com