Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 mobile preview build. Build 10586.107 has been released to Insiders in Fast ring. As with recent builds, Windows 10 mobile preview build 10586.107 does not add any new noticeable features and rather brings bug fixes and improvements.
Today’s preview build is a cumulative update meaning it carries all previously released updates. If your device has all previous updates installed, today’s cumulative update will install only new updates.
Microsoft has been working on improving upgrade experience from Windows 8/8.1 devices to Windows 10 mobile and previous builds have made improvements in that direction.
An Insider device should already receive this update or it can be forced by checking for updates from Settings if it is not automatically pushed to your device.
Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10586.107 Changelog
- Fixed an issue where in some cases a device could be missing tiles on the Start screen after going through the device out of box experience.
- Improved support in Narrator to speak in multiple languages.
- Improvements to the device reset experience when BitLocker\Device Encryption is enabled by enterprise policy or by the user.
Along with today’s update, Microsoft has also announced a new Windows Insider ring. The Release Preview Ring which is announced for both PC and Mobile, will focus on Insiders that want to stay on the Current Branch, but continue to receive early access to updates, application updates, and driver updates. Current Windows 10 builds are based on build 10586.
With today’s announcement of Release Preview Ring, Windows Insider programs has now a total of three builds:
Windows Insider Rings
- Fast Windows Insider Fast ring receives most frequent and earliest updates. Fast ring is considered best for Insiders who enjoy being the first to get access to builds and feature updates, with some risk to their devices in order to identify issues, and provide suggestions and ideas to make Windows software and devices great.
- Slow: Slow ring receives less frequent updates than Fast ring. Slow ring is best suited for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to builds and feature updates, with less risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows software and devices great.
- Release Preview: Release preview build will receive updates based on same branch. Best for Insiders who enjoy getting early access to updates for the Current Branch, Microsoft applications, and drivers, with minimal risk to their devices, and still want to provide feedback to make Windows devices great.
Are you a Insider? Have you installed Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 10586.107? Share your experience/issues with us.
Support Me: If this article/tutorial helped you today, please consider supporting me and help me run frunction.com