Microsoft has released a new cumulative update for Windows 10. The latest cumulative update KB3140743 brings in a number of improvements and changes Windows 10 build to 10586.122.
As usual, the latest Windows 10 build 10586.22 should be downloaded automatically by Windows Update but the update can be forced as well by going to Settings > Update and security > Check for updates. The update is listed as Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3140743) in 32-bit devices and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743) in 64-bit devices.
According to the Windows 10 update history page, Cumulative Update KB3140743 for Windows 10 includes a bunch of improvements in numerous areas of the operating system along with bug fixes. It does not include any new features or security fixes.
Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3140743 Changelog
- Improved reliability in numerous areas, including OS and Windows Update installation, startup, installing and configuring Windows for the first time, authentication, resuming from hibernation, shutdown, kernel, Start menu, storage, Windows Hello, display modes, Miracast, AppLocker, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge browser, network connectivity and discovery, and File Explorer.
- Improved performance in video thumbnail generation, NetLogon, Windows Store, and standby power consumption.
- Improved support for devices including some wearables, displays, and printer scenarios.
- Reset app default when a registry setting is deleted or corrupted and streamlined notification about the corruption.
- Fixed an issue causing favorites to be lost after updates are installed.
- Fixed several issues that individually could cause certain apps to fail to launch, update, or allow in-app purchases.
- Improved quality of Cortana voices and translations of multiple languages of an Internet Explorer dialog box.
- Improved support for apps, fonts, graphics and display, airplane mode, Group Policy, PowerShell MDM, Windows Journal, Microsoft Edge, printing, touch display, roaming credentials, Push-Button Reset, Windows UX, local and streaming video, audio quality, error reporting, USMT, and VHD creation.
Along with Cumulative Update KB3140743. another update listed as Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3139907) has also been pushed. According to Microsoft Knowledge Base, update KB3139907 is a Servicing stack update which makes stability improvements for Windows 10.
Did you receive the latest update? Feel free to share your experience with latest Windows 10 build.
Support Me: If this article/tutorial helped you today, please consider supporting me and help me run frunction.com